To Cook or Not to Cook

An article from Healthful Dog. https://healthfuldog.co.uk/2018/03/01/spotlight-on-to-cook-or-not-to-cook-that-is-the-question/

1 Like

A very interesting read, well I skim read it, ::slight_smile: but may be it explains why some of our dogs seem to grow old sooner than others.

1 Like

Not sure whether I have got this right but it seems to me that the author/website is promoting raw food but this time wrapping it up in scientific articles, complete with references. I imagine that many pet owners (me included), have difficulty making head nor tail of it. What I do know is that people often cherry pick information/articles in order to make their case. The article is interesting but lacks balance. AFAIK there is no proof that raw food is better for our pets. Millions of dogs live healthy lives, reaching a good old age on commercial (cooked) food. We are fortunate in that we have some good quality products available and a huge choice.

Raw feeding can be expensive and may not suit the pet. Also, there is the problem of zoonotic disease to consider. IMHO people should not to be unduly influenced by this kind of article. If it suits, then feed raw. Otherwise feed your pet the best food you can afford and which suits the dog and the owners’s lifestyle.

1 Like