Unlisted Brand: Fisherman's Daughter/fish based dog food

Anyone else feed this to their dogs?

I’ve seen pretty good reviews for it in other dog forums and the ingredient list seems solid, but can’t find any mention of it on this site.

For your info, here’s their website: http://www.dogslovefish.com/

I have a feeling that I have heard of it but can’t be sure. I’ve looked at the website but I cannot find the ingredient list or the analysis. Please could you let us have them or maybe if it is on the website and I have missed it, perhaps you could point to it? The website does not seem to give much information about the product itself e.g. recommended daily allowance, calories per 100g, transition etc.

I like fish based products and have fed them in the past. However, I used to have reservations about feeding fish day in, day out so I used to reduce the quantity and top up with home cooked food. My dogs still have fish in their daily food but it is included in a recipe that has meat as the first ingredient. If the owners of the company would like their product to be included in the Dog Food Directory then it would be best to contact David. There are several fish products in the current list and it would be interesting to see how theirs compares.

Yes it was quite a struggle to find their ingredient’s list!

Judging on the quality of their websites I think it may be a case of neglect rather than ill intentions.

That being said I found two (very slightly) differing lists. This one from - http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=610&pf_id=66893

Salmon 38% (Salmon Meal, Fresh Scottish Salmon, Salmon Oil) Potato 37%, Beet Fibre, Peas, Brewers Yeast, Minerals, Vitamins, Padina Pavonica.
Nutritional additives (per kg): Vitamin A 13,388 IU, Vitamin D3 2008 IU.
Trace Elements : Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate 148.76mg, Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 123.97mg, Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate 97.62mg, Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate 53.55mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 1.39mg, Sodium Selenite 0.60mg, Protein 26%, Fat 16%, Ash 9%, Fibre 3%, Omega 3, 3.85%

And this one from - Superior Adult Dog Food - Salmon & Potato - Angell PetCo

This one looks like it’s a different food but it’s the same company, and the ingredients lists are similar enough that they’re most likely the same exact food.

**Ingredients:

Salmon (min. 37%: Includes min. 26% salmon meal, min. 11% salmon), Potato (min 37%), Salmon Oil, beet fibre, Peas, Brewers Yeast, Minerals and Vitamins

Per 100g

Energy 358 kcal

Omega 6 = 0.64%

Omega 3 = 3.85%

Calcium = 2%

Phosphorous = 1.03%**

The Instant Review Generator gives the second recipe a score of 3.3 and no red ingredients although the ingredient list is incomplete. The first one contains more information and scores 3.8 with two red ingredients, cupric sulphate and sodium selenite. Pet Planet have discontinued the product. The Angell Petco one is made in the UK according to their website. Some more companies who sell fish based dog food are: Skippers of Grimsby, Pets at Home own brand Fishmongers and Fish4Dogs.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have fed Fishermans daughter and my dog loved it. I currently buy the treats and she loves them allot.