Trachea collapse and weight

Hello
Tried to post yesterday but nothing appeared.

Have 11 yo Border terrier with collapsed trachea - have just adopted him from my father. His weight has been kept light all his life to reduce cough but it means he his hungry/whines all the time.
Now on Canagan Plaque off - got small breed 6kg bag by accident so he inhales the small biscuits but think it is more nourishing overall - less poop produced than Harringtons.
On 3 small meals a day - still hungry, whining for snacks/food etc
Am playing, food-seeking, raw veg snacks, far more attention than before. Still always on the mooch for something to eat.

He is now in a flat - 2 walks a day, as opposed to wandering freely round a large garden. is he just bored?

Any thoughts on managing this very welcome

Hello and welcome to the forum,
My dog has always been looking for when the next bit of food might be coming her way. I am pretty sure she is greedy rather than hungry. You may find some useful tips for helping him to feel full in this thread

I have in the past, found that my dog can be hungrier on certain foods so have had to juggle a bit but I know its genuine when she starts to eat clods of earth or other weird things.

1 Like

Thank you for the direction, Tinyplanets
Will review those threads.

Ha ha! He has ingested drugs and kindling so far in the city
Iā€™m sure he supplemented his diet with figs and compost in his other, rural life.

1 Like