What do you mainly feed your dog nowadays ?

I wonder would it be useful to see in a poll how feeding our dogs has changed over time. This poll asks what we are mainly feeding our dogs today.

Please say if there is an option missing in the poll and I’ll happily add it. Thanks in advance to all who vote.

Good thread. Please could you add dry plus home made? Also, should dry be split into dry kibble/dry cold pressed?
Just that some people use cold pressed/raw.

1 Like

Thanks Dottie, I’ve attempted to add your suggestions, yet due to an unexpected error (believed to be linked to moving the site onto a secure server) this was unsuccessful. I’ve made David aware and will make the changes asap.

I tried to add mine but got a fatal error message. I just saw Dottie’s post and mine fits in more with those suggestions so I will hang on until the bugs are sorted.

1 Like

Thanks Tinyplanets, yes unfortunately the error is still there.

Please all keep checking in, I’m hopeful all will be fine again soon… ;)…both for my changes to the poll and for all your very much appreciated votes!

1 Like

Sorry everyone! The error should be fixed now.

1 Like

All’s well again with the polling 8)

Please feel free to vote if you’d want to help with the poll and many thanks David for fixing the error so quickly.

For this poll I’ve used “Dry complete” for all dry complete foods as consistent with the current allaboutdogfood food searches.

[I’m thinking about the possibility of another poll … for more detailed & various ways that dry food is prepared/ cooked/ processed eg cold pressed, baked, extruded, muesli, air dried if that would be useful later - let’s see how this one goes first]

1 Like

My option would be Mostly dry complete +some raw food + wet food complete . I decided to vote for Mostly dry complete +wet food complete.

1 Like

Sorry ofs I hadn’t appreciated the combination of 3 ‘types’ of food in the poll - dry +raw +wet now added. Hopefully you might remove your vote from dry+wet and please vote again?

1 Like

Thanks Meg but I couldn’t remove my vote

1 Like

Mine is 3 also I suppose. Mostly raw, sometimes dry and I add some of what we are having, mostly veg but sometimes brown rice, sweet potato etc.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know - just checked the options and it looks like the “revote” option was not checked for the poll…apologies ::slight_smile:
David sorry to bother you, when you have time can you please use admin Permissions & change this poll’s permissions to “allow users to change vote”.
Once this has been done you’ll be able to withdraw the vote & revote…

Thanks Tinyplanets, have also added raw +dry +home made, raw +dry +table scraps.

You can now change your votes. Great poll by the way!

2 Likes

Thanks very much for your help David - glad you like the poll 8)

Everyone please vote if you’d like to, and you can now change your vote if you want to and if there is an option missing from the poll please say.

There is a lot of choice there - just wish we had had more votes and discussion. As an aside, it might be of some use to say why we have chosen our particular method of feeding. I give a non extruded dry food which has a mid range protein/low(ish) fat because in the past I have had to diet my dogs. The food has a higher than average carbohydrate level so I top up with home made foods to increase the protein such as cooked chicken, fish etc. Seems to work ok.

2 Likes

I feed a coarse raw complete most of the time with the odd meal a finer complete raw. It suits my dog, he enjoys it immensely. To see a dog enjoy his food and go back and lick the bowel is a joy. It gives the opportunity of feeding different flavours daily, plus seasonal partridge, pheasant etc. I do like moisture in dog food it keeps a dogs system hydrated for all those vital organs. Dogs like humans probably don’t drink enough. I realise it is not for everyone and of course there is the freezer aspect. I do wish people would take a few moments to vote, Meg puts a lot of thought into her posts including setting up the recent polls. I’m sure followers of the forum can do better than 9 votes out of 404 reads (2355 total members), so I do encourage you to support the forum and vote.

2 Likes

Thank you Dottie and seaweed, and your encouragement to vote is appreciated too.

I’m hopeful this poll may prove helpful by sharing the information, to all. For example a dog owner may read what food is successfully being fed together with what other food; and why a dog is being given that particular food.

All votes are much appreciated, and helpful. Thanks to those who’ve already voted and to those who vote in future.

2 Likes

Two of my dogs have either canned or fresh meat with Foldhill Baked Terrier meal my third dog who has a sensitive digestive system has either Chappie canned or home cooked chicken, rice and veg.

1 Like