What products are you giving your dogs to get their Omega in?

Hi all what are you feeding your dogs to give them their nutrients and supplements. There are many products that offer omega 3, vitamins and all sorts, is there a particular product you are using currently?

I think that if a dog is having a good quality dog food and is healthy it shouldn’t need supplements. If someone is thinking of supplementing then they should read the list of ingredients in their dog’s food because some contain various oils. An incorrect balance of omega oils 3 and 6 can cause problems so best to be cautious when supplementing.

1 Like

I agree about giving them a balanced diet however recently my dogs had very itchy skins even with a balanced diet i had to add a supplement to help this. I started to mix coconut oil with my dogs food every now and then as i have read how coconut oil is an incredible source of medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs), which have been shown to have many health benefits. This dramatically helped my dog with the itch and she started to itch less and her skin/coat has developed and gone much better than before.

1 Like

I don’t feed any supplements at the moment but my dog’s food has Salmon oil in and some extra virgin coconut oil.

1 Like

We used to give our dog fish oil, but decided why not just provide the actual source instead. So now we add a bit of mackeral to both of our dog’s raw food several days per week and its going great. Their coats look fantasticly full and glossy. Plus the love it.

Yes, supplements are needed, even if you give a well-balanced diet sometimes you might be missing something your dog may not have. I am using Omega 3 Fish Oils 1000mg 90 Capsules for my Dog, which offers a powerful dose of essential fish oils in one handy omega 3 Natural Pet supplements.