Kibble size

Hello all, I’m new to this group.
I have a lovely, big, rescue dog. A very good eater!
What I’d like to know is if there is any info out there on the actual size of the individual kibbles in the different brands of dried dog food?
The food always seems to come in non-see-through bags so it’s hard to tell unless you open the bag. Which you can’t do unless you buy it first!
I’m looking for food that comes in a large kibble size so I can use it as treats for my dog (rather than giving him the cheap but quite processed normal pet shop treats).
Any insights appreciated, many thanks.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry that I can’t advise about kibble size. When I fed kibble I used to go on the pictures on the company website. I used to feed Fish4Dogs some time ago and their regular size kibble is (IMO) quite large. The second picture on this page will give you an idea of the kibble size. Maybe you could ask them for a small sample to see if it would be suitable. Usually companies are happy to provide samples so try a few to see if you can find what you are looking for.

1 Like

The largest kibble I’ve come across for treat use is Wafcol Salmon and Potato Large/Giant. Its grain free as well which is a bonus. Its typically 20mm in diameter and 8mm deep.

2 Likes

That’s a good point AstraNine. Wonder if it would be useful to look for giant breed foods?

Yes, another that springs to mind is Akela big paws. Kibble size is very similar to the Wafcol .

1 Like

Thank you for your replies, great suggestions. And I’ll see if I can order some samples from the suppliers.
Much appreciated.

1 Like