Pets at Home AVA range advice

Hi all. My first post here.

Iv been looking at a new range for my lab as he will soon be coming off his ver recommended diet food. I was going to go for wainwrights after the positive reviews and overall good ingredients list. However iv come across the new AVA range pets at home do and i think it looks better for not much more money. I like the higher meat content, in this case its fish and i also like how it’s grain free. Could you please advise me what you think. Ill place the nutritional info below. Ill put the sensitive range one as were taking on another lab who i think this will be best for. Thanks

Composition: Fish (42%) (White Fishmeal 20.5%, Fresh White Fish 19%, Fish Stock 2.5%), Tapioca (20%), Sweet Potato (18.5%), Beet Pulp (6%), Chicken Fat, Brewers Yeast, Salmon Oil, Minerals, Pre-biotic Fructooligosaccharide (1600mg/kg), Beta-glucans, Pre-biotic Mannanoligosaccharides (400mg/kg), Yucca Extract (200mg/kg), Glucosamine (200mg/kg), Chondroitin (150mg/kg), Cranberry Extract, Green Tea Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Rosemary Extract.

Technological Additives: None Sated; Sensory Additives: None Sated; Nutritional Additives: Vitamins: Vitamin A 24,000 IU, Vitamin D3 1,200 IU, Vitamin E 400 IUTrace Elements: Zinc Chelate Of Amino Acid Hydrate 427mg, Manganese Chelate Of Amino Acid Hydrate 53mg, Copper Chelate Of Amino Acid Hydrate 80mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 2mg, Organic selenium produced from Saccharomyces cerevisiae (CNCM I-3060) (selenium yeast inactivated) (3b 8.10) 70 mgAntioxidants (Stabilised with mixed tocopherols).

Analytical Constituents: Protein 24%, Crude Fibres 2.9%, Crude Oils and Fats 12%, Crude Ash 9%, Moisture 8%.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hadn’t heard of this new range so I have just copied and pasted the ingredient list into the Instant Review Generator - it scores a respectable 4.5 stars with no red ingredients.

My personal experience of weight watching in dogs is that higher protein and lower fat levels seem to be helpful. If you wanted to increase the protein slightly you could just add a small amount of lean home cooked protein source. The fat is modest so would be ok. As ever, it is trial and error.

Start at he bottom end of the RDA and go up or down by 10% as required. You need to weigh the food accurately.