tails.com

Just came across a"bespoke food" anyone had any experience with these at all?

copy and paste the suggested indredients into the “instant review generator on this site” and see what result you get, considering its a bespoke food for your dog you’d expect a very high score, judge for yourself.

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/instant-dog-food-review.php

Well I did it for both my boys & the score was 1.9 for my oldest ,there was an awful lot of maize in his & for Tiberius it was 2.3 :frowning: they weren’t anything I was considering swapping too,I just wondered with them marketing a “bespoke food” if it was really any good
think I now have the answer to that

2 Likes

The instant review generator is a great too for getting a general idea of any foods not already listed, it may not be 100% accurate but its generally pretty close

I am currently having dialogue with the manufactures of the food :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be interested to hear of your experience. I put the details of one of my dogs on to the site yesterday. The result that it returned was not what she is having now (on vet’s advice) but I think that it is because it is a fairly basic tool which perhaps needs more refinement. As an example, my dog is of a normal weight but she easily puts it on if I am not very careful with her diet. It did not seem to take account of this. However, it may be useful for someone who is not fully aware of all the factors around choosing a suitable dog food.

Here is the reply I received after sending screen shots of the analysis that they requested

"Thanks for getting in touch and sharing these screen shots with us. As I previously mentioned in response to your Facebook message, we do strongly encourage dog owners to do as much research as possible before selecting a dog food for their pet.

All About Dog Food.co.uk seems to be a very thorough and informative website. However I would like to point out that the analysis provided to you, based on your dogs feeding plan information, is based on the ingredients included in the blend and not the actual nutritional value.

We try to make it as easy as possible for our customers to know exactly what is in their dog’s tailor-made blends. If you would like to have a quick look on the tails.com website under the section of ‘Our Food’, you will see a complete A-Z breakdown of all the ingredients that we may use. We may, for example, use maize gluten in a dog’s blend, as it is easily digestible and a fantastic source of protein. Unfortunately the inclusion of these ingredients do result in a lower score on the All About Dog Food calculator.

At Tails.com, we create tailor-made blends that deliver the optimum nutrition just for your dog, then we gradually evolve them over time to reflect your dog’s changing nutritional needs as he ages. Our number one priority is the health, happiness and well-being of your dog. So we’re confident that tails.com is the best dry food solution available.

If there is anything else that I can help you with, or any further questions that you would like to ask, I would be more than happy to help"

Tails.com unveil new premium wet food range. https://www.companionlife.co.uk/tails-com-unveil-new-premium-wet-food-range/

Tails.com makes in-store debut with dog food launch into Sainsbury’s. https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/new-product-development/tailscom-makes-in-store-debut-with-dogfood-launch-into-sainsburys/664559.article

Appears that they are really pushing the marketing route now with the recruitment of a retail director (with a background in yoghurts):

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/movers/stephen-hann-unveiled-as-first-tailscom-retail-director/665154.article

2 Likes

This is certainly an interesting move as it totally invalidates their whole ‘bespoke recipe’ usp. It will be interesting to see how it fares. I’ll get it listed on the site just as soon as all the necessary info becomes available.

As a footnote, I think it’s always best to treat highly marketed brands with a certain level of caution since it inevitably means a lot of the price you pay is going towards advertising costs rather than the ingredients.

2 Likes

Today I went to an RSPCA charity shop where they had a pile of Tails.com foil dog foods (same size as the foils you get in the supermarket) for sale at 35p each. In date. I was intrigued as I wondered how different they may be to stuff you buy normally. Well tonight my girls have had one each and it looked/smelled identical to Butchers etc that you get in the supermarket. What do Tails do ? Do they just send out supermarket stuff, branded to themselves, which they think your dog would like ? There certainly wasn’t anything special about these foil foods.

Jane
xxxx